Monday, November 4, 2019
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Thursday, January 17, 2019
The City of Windsor has approved the Ford City CIP (Community Improvement Plan) and applications are currently being accepted!
NeighbourhoodResidential Rehabilitation Grant Program
The Neighborhood Residential Rehabilitation Grant Program aims to promote the maintenance and improvement of residential properties within the residential areas of Ford City . Boundaries include: St.Luke to Henry Ford Centre Drive, Seminole to Riverside.
• A grant equal to 50% of the cost of eligible exterior building maintenance and property improvement works to residential properties. The minimum grant per property will be $1,000 up to a maximum of $15,000. (Example: Spend $30,000, receive $15,000 from the City, Spend $5,000, receive $2,500 back)
• The following types of exterior building maintenance and property improvement works are considered eligible:
a. Cleaning, painting, repair or replacement of exterior facade materials;
b. Repair/replacement of front doors, windows and porches;
c. Repair/replacement of cornices, parapets, eaves and other architectural details; and,
d. Other improvements, at the discretion of the City Planner, related to rehabilitation of existing residential units.
• All eligible works must be visible from the road right-of-way and must be acceptable to and approved by the City.
• Apply today, go to www.citywindsor.ca website under Ford City CIP .
Current business owners, new investors, and residents of Ford City are now able to start their application and will work directly with:
Kevin Alexander, MCIP RPP
Senior Planner - Special Projects
City of Windsor Planning & Building Department
350 City Hall Square, Suite 210
Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9A 6S1
T. (519) 255-6543 ext. 6732
F. (519) 255-6544
Here are some great website links to the application, guide overview and copy of the Ford City CIP:
If you have any questions about the Ford City CIP, feel free to contact Kevin Alexander from the City of Windsor or The Ford City Neighbourhood Renewal office at 519-915-9583.
We are open from Monday- Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm (Off for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm) and located at 1168 Drouillard Road- Inside Gino and Liz Marcus Community Complex, Unit 8.
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Thursday, November 22, 2018
Thursday, November 8, 2018
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Are you looking for FREE sport activities in Ford City?
Looking for the children to get out of the house and active?
Sport 4 All offers FREE organized recreational sports at Community Centres across Windsor. From basketball, to soccer, to floor hockey and sports mania, there is fun for all ages!
You should check out their schedule and stay up to date with new activities at: https://www.facebook.com/otfsport4all/
All Ages are welcome!
Schedule for Ford City is:
1. Sports Mania: UPDATE- (Changed from Tuesday to Wednesday) and Thursday from 5:30pm-6:30pm at Gino Marcus Community Complex
2. Drop-In Basketball- Saturdays from 2:00pm-.4:00pm at Gino Marcus Community Complex
Sport 4 All is funded through the Ontario Trillium Foundation across 4 United Way funded Neighbourhoods: Ford City, Downtown, The West End, and Glengarry-Marentette
Drop in at the above times or contact Malik Chase, Sports Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply call the Renewal staff at 519-915-9583.
Parents are welcome to drop children off and pick up promptly at end of program. All participants/guardians must fill out a registration the first time they attend the program.