Thursday, July 13, 2017
Monday, February 6, 2017
Drouillard Place-Ford City Neighbourhood Renewal Strategy
Resident Engagement Coordinator Job Description
The Resident Engagement Coordinator (REC) is responsible for encouraging residents to become involved in their neighbourhood. The REC connects residents with the revitalization agenda of the Ford City Neighbourhood Renewal. The REC works with direction from the Community Development Coordinator and the Executive Director of Drouillard Place.
· - A diploma or degree in the Social Sciences is considered an asset
· - Exceptional interpersonal and facilitation skills including conflict resolution
· - Possess strong presentation skills and the ability to speak in front of groups
· - Ability to work independently, take initiative and assume responsibility with minimal supervision
· - Ability to acquire resources for projects and carry out work with minimal resources
· - Willing to work in an office setting and outdoors in the community setting
· - Must be computer literate and have the ability to use Microsoft Office Programs proficiently
· - Access to a personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license is an asset
· - Ability to travel the neighbourhood to engage residents
· -Work experience in community development is considered an asset
· - Preference will be given to candidates that live in the official boundaries of the Ford City -Neighbourhood Renewal which are West-Walker Road to, East-Henry Ford Centre Drive to, North-Riverside Drive, to South-Seminole Street.
· Recruit residents for community events, committees, consultations, workshops, and projects
· Attend the Ford City Residents in Action meetings in a supportive capacity, provide information, connections, advice and assistance with their neighbourhood goals
· Support resident led events and identify resident leaders to connect to the strategy
· Organizes workshops on various informative topics to residents
· Distribute and collect surveys for the year end United Way reports
· Meet with community members during drop in hours, by appointment and after hours at the office or in the community
· Secure sponsorships/donations for projects
· Take meeting minutes at community meetings
· Maintain the 3 community information boards by posting current information flyers/posters and removing old information flyers/posters
· Create and distribute posters for events
· Provide flexibility in scheduling to the employer to allow for weekend and week night work hours to support community events, resident led actions and attend meetings after regular work hours
Job Posted February 6th 2017 - Job Closes Feb 24th at 12pm
Resume and cover letter to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the front desk at Drouillard Place, 1102 Drouillard Rd between 9—11:30am/1:30 to 3:30pm Mon---Friday.
Salary range from $17.00---$19.00hr
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday --19hours per week
Drouillard Place is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.